Nafasi za Kazi Save the Children – Education Officer.
Save the Children has been working in Tanzania for more than 30 years. We are working with the government, local organizations and other international agencies to reduce child malnutrition, improve new-born and maternal health, support and strengthen early childhood development and primary education systems. We strengthen child protection systems for vulnerable children, promote children’s participation and contribution to policy and resource allocation for services which concern them, support, and respond to emergencies.
Our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Works under the direct supervision of the Education Project Manager to ensure quality planning, delivery of Girls Education Project activities, utilization of financial and other resources, monitoring and evaluation as well as manages project staff, fosters strategic relationships/partnerships with ministry of education, science and technology and other relevant ministries, departments and or agencies, children/students, teachers, school committees and community based structures. Nafasi za Kazi Save the Children – Education Officer
Contract Duration: 10 Months
No of Vacancies: One (1) Position
Reporting to: Education Project Manager
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
With support from the Education Project Manager (EPM) introduce the project to the relevant structures: government (Central and LGA); Ward and Community; school (SMCs, School leadership, teaching staff; students bodies such as school clubs/girls clubs, etc.).
- Establish good working relationship with district authorities, communities and schools that are supported by the project
- Work closely with EPM to develop, implement and monitor quarterly, monthly and weekly project activity plans to achieve expected results.
- Contribute in the preparation of budgets, raising procurement requests and supporting the education project team in planning for activities with clear objectives.
- Work closely with the Education Project Manager in assessing and analysing key issues/challenges in the project implementation and determine appropriate actions.
- Coordinate on planning and capacity building training workshops for project beneficiaries such students, teachers, school committees, parents, etc.
- Work in a team approach to foster good working relationship with fellow staff, government and non-government partners as well as other beneficiaries of the project
Monitoring and Reporting
- Work closely with MEAL team to ensure that all project information/data is properly and regularly collected, checked and shared with EPM
- Provide timely and quality inputs into monthly regular award reports as well as preparation of internal and external/donor reports
- Participate in team reviews of results and program progress and/or project evaluation when and as requested
Collaboration and Representation
- Represent Save the Children in relevant education forums as agreed with the supervisor in a professional manner.
- Liaise with other stakeholders, including head teachers, school teachers, local leaders and Collaboration with other team members across to ensure synergies and consistency in our project approaches.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- University or College qualifications and minimum of three years’ professional experience with education projects/programmes with INGOs/government in Zanzibar. Hence, strong understanding of the Zanzibar contexts is an added value.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of child rights and experience of implementing/managing child protection and child rights governance interventions.
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of participatory development, child participation and girls’ education.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with others
- Strong report writing skills
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email)
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
How to Apply.
Please read the full details of the position at https://tanzania.savethechildren.net/careers and apply as instructed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview.
Application closing Date: 20th June 2021
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process
Find out more about this role by downloading the job description here Job description
Closing date: 20 Jun 2021 – 23:59 EAT
Location: Zanzibar, Tanzania, United Republic of
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contract
Schedule: Full-time. Nafasi za Kazi Save the Children – Education Officer
The deadline for submitting the application is 20 June 2021.